While the COVID-19 outbreak continues, we wanted to reassure you that we are taking every precaution possible to ensure the safety and health of our patients and staff. As of June 1, 2020 dental practices can re-open for elective dental procedures. While we are waiting for most of our new equipment and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to arrive, we have decided to open only our Endodontics and Orthodontics practice as of June 16, 2020. The office will be open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We are anticipating to open the remainder of the office in the beginning of July 2020. Please keep in mind that is dependent on the availability of PPE. Should you be experiencing a dental emergency, please contact the office. Doctors and staff are on call to address your needs.
New Office Protocol
Upon re-opening, we are implementing a new office protocol:
- Upon confirmation of your scheduled appointment you will be asked a series of common COVID-19 screening questions.
- Please call us when you arrive in our parking lot for your appointment. If the provider is ready for you, we will instruct you to come in. Otherwise, we ask you wait in your vehicle for a phone call from us to let you know when we are ready to see you. We ask that you leave any unnecessary belongings in your vehicle.
- All patients are required to wear a mask into the office and adhere to the social distancing requirements – you will notice the reception area has been rearranged accordingly.
- Upon arrival to your appointment you will be asked to sanitize your hands, place your phone in a provided Ziploc bag, and coats or other personal belongings will be placed in a provided plastic bag, and we will be taking your temperature with an infrared forehead thermometer.
- Our treating staff has been equipped with a higher level of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – disposable gowns, head coverings, shoe coverings, and faceshield, while the front desk has installed sneeze guards for the desk and are now required to wear scrubs and masks.
Air Purification and Disinfection
After thorough research by our team, we have elected to purchase equipment that minimizes exposure to any potentially aerosolized bacteria or virus created during a dental procedure.
- Filtered Vacuum System: To catch the aerosol (spray) at the source before allowing it to spread through the air, we have a vacuum system equipped with a Ultra Low Particulate Air (ULPA) Filter. It will sit
- Whole-Office Air Purification System: This system is equipped with a medical grade HEPA filter and UVC light. This will filter out any bacteria or virus that has not been managed by the Extra Oral Suction System. Medical grade MERV filters have also installed in our HVAC.
- Specialized Fogging Disinfection: To address anything that may have not been handled with the 2 previous filtration systems, or for any exposed surface, we have implemented the use of fogging the operatories and the office with Hypochlorous Acid – a mild acid made with water, salt, vinegar and electricity. This has proved to be a very safe, and effective way to rid the virus.
Please remember that the new protocol has been implemented for your overall health and safety.