Dental veneers can work to improve the appearance of your teeth by covering the visible enamel with a tooth-colored porcelain overlay. Veneers work for patients who have discolored, cracked, and irregularly shaped enamel and can correct these issues by filling in those gaps and enhancing the shape and color of your teeth. While primarily used as a cosmetic procedure, dental veneers can also provide people with oral health benefits and protect the teeth from cavity-causing bacteria. At Elite Dental Group, we can provide dental veneers to help remove these dental issues and protect your teeth for life.
How Do Dental Veneers Work?
Veneers work to protect the enamel, or the outer surface of the teeth, from damage caused by previous trauma, enamel erosion, and discoloration. Veneers, also known as lumineers, are thin tooth-shaped shells that are either made out of porcelain or composite reason to adhere to the surface of the tooth. Veneers remove the issue of discolored, cracked, and chipped teeth by providing a protective outer layer that’s both visually appealing and an excellent solution for unhealthy teeth.
Veneers can be a treatment option under specific circumstances, and at our practice, we recommend dental veneers for patients who have dental issues such as:
- Bruxism: Patients recovering from bruxism should consider getting veneers as they work to protect and cover signs of unevenness, cracks, and chips due to the consistent pressure and grinding caused during sleep.
- Dental Trauma: Traumatic accidents can cause harmful damage to the teeth and gums, and veneers can work to help protect the remaining teeth from further damage.
- Uneven Alignment: Signs of uneven alignment, irregular shapes, and other malformations can cause the teeth to become more prone to infections and tooth decay, and veneers can work to help correct alignment regularities.
- Malocclusion: Large gaps, crossbites, and underbites can be assisted with the use of veneers, closing in gaps after correcting the malocclusion with orthodontic treatments.
- Discolored Teeth: Discolorations caused by aging, food residue, and weakened enamel can be corrected with veneers, especially if teeth whitening treatments fail to provide whiter, healthier teeth.
Veneers offer patients a practical solution to their tooth problems. They work to protect damaged enamel that’s been destroyed by acidic foods and other health conditions, meaning those who tend to suffer from worn-down enamel can experience better protection from tooth decay as long as they work to care for their teeth. Beyond that, veneers can improve the appearance of your smile and provide you with an aligned smile that lasts.
How We Perform Our Veneer Treatment
Our team will work to provide a thorough examination of your teeth, gums, and jawline and will discuss treatment options with you for your oral health. At Elite Dental Group, we will determine a customized treatment plan that will address any health issues. For veneers, our dentists will determine the proper shade of your teeth to best match your smile and fabricate veneers that will improve the look and feel of your smile in no time. For more about our services and treatments, contact our clinic in Poughkeepsie, NY, today to arrange an appointment.